Our first hiking stop was always the first stop Mommy and her family made when she was growing up...Sprague Lake. Here are all of us with Mimi...you will notice I get a little territorial of my Mimi when other cousins are around so I will be sitting on or next to her in the majority of pictures. Have to stake my territory! Oh and excuse Reagan's face...she didn't get the memo that we weren't scowling for the picture.
Reagan and Abby had a mutual infatuation with each other. Reagan even let Abby hold her! She's usually a little skittish around other kids because of me so this was fairly historic. Here they are snuggling after dinner.
We spent a lot of time at Hitali, the cabin where I was baptized, Mommy and Daddy got engaged and Mimi's family has gone for 40+ years. We have a lot of memories there, now including Reagan's baptism.
Reagan's baptism by Reverend Huth was wonderful. Our family was joined by our dear family friends Ginger and Reverend Bill and his wife Sara.
I tried to steal some of the holy water during the ceremony but no one skipped a beat.
Reagan was the belle of the ball even when she stuck her foot in the baptism cake.
Mimi had the sense and forethought to put together restaurant bags for all of us kids full of all of our favorite things. I received what I have now deemed the best gift of all...Thomas the Train book and set. It provided hours of entertainment. Sidenote: I kept calling one of the trains "Craphill" and it wasn't until Mommy did a little Thomas research that she realized I meant "Clarabelle", Thomas' coach car.
We managed to FINALLY get professional pictures done of the family. Reverend Huth's daughter, Kim, is a fantastic photographer. Here we are waiting for our turn. Reagan's outfit is courtesy of Auntie Darcy. She may have two boys but she knows great style for girls!
I got lots of good cousin time. Here we are post-picnic discussing the views of the park and where to sweep next with our pine branches.
We got in a good "hike" around Lily Lake with Gigi and Papa G.
I say "hike" because this is what it looked like the majority of the way.
I saw some animals. I rode a bear. Like I said, best trip EVER.

We're so glad you had a such a great trip.
ReplyDeleteSo happy it went well! Love the pictures! (Little late on posting this, sorry!)
ReplyDelete